Monday, December 3, 2007

assignment 10

1. something in this world that concerns me is starving people. huge issue but an important one too. i care about this issue probably because my mom cares about it alot. like in the philippines, if she could she would help out there and make sure that families who don't have alot and who are starving have at least a bag of rice for themselves and their families for like christmas and thanksgiving. so i guess it rubbed off on me. i can't say that i wanna change the world but i'm saying that i care about this issue.

2. a dyamic person i know is my bestie claire. she's pretty hilarious if you don't know her. usually after class when we're walking in the halls we'd come up with weird things at times yet funny. like claire making up raps or when we made up that snow dance. [p.s claire told me to write about her that's another reason why she's awesome]

3. a movie that has inspired me was the movie "pay it forward". besides the fact that i loved that movie it was very moving and kinda gave alot of believe and shows that even the slightest thing can help a person even if it takes little steps to achieve that goal. like when the son was tryin to help his mom stop drinking. it didn't take one day it was a progressive thing.

3 comments:

zoe said...

Yeah i agree with you about claire. She's a sweetie!

claire said...

I am dynamic, and our snow dance was amazing! And i agree that hunger is a huge issue

Mr. Miles said...

I didn't like PAY IT FORWARD, but the concept of the movie has had an impact on me. I actually had it happen to me. Last year, I stopped to help someone with a flat tire on the street. I've stopped to help people before, but they usually don't need my help. This person did. Well, on Saturday, my car got stuck in the snow while trying to merge onto 494. Someone stopped to help me, which I've rarely experienced. I think it may have been a kind of pay it forward experience. :)

Remember, caring is the first step toward doing.